2 minutes reading time (358 words)

EV Charging startup Charzer, ADDA partners to set up charging stations in gated communities

EV charging point (Source: Charzer)

Bengaluru-based EV charging infrastructure startup, Charzer has announced that it has partnered with ADDA (Apartment Society Management & Accounting Software), a comprehensive society management system, to build EV charging infrastructure in apartment complexes and gated communities.

By getting empanelled on ADDA Discover for Association Platform, in the first phase, Charzer will install smart EV charging stations across 1500 apartment complexes across India in the next two years.

As per a September 2021 survey conducted by ADDA in Bengaluru, only 6.9 percent of communities have an Electric vehicle charging point in apartments, and out of the remaining 93.1 percent, about 92.7 percent of them wish to have an EV installed within their community.

The latest Grant Thornton Bharat FICCI report suggests that India will need four lakh EV charging stations by 2026 to meet the expected 20 lakh vehicles on the road. To meet this growing demand, it's important to boost the EV infrastructure in India.

Commenting on the partnership, Sameer Ranjan Jaiswal, Co-Founder, Charzer, stated, "With rising fuel prices and growing consciousness about the environment, the switch towards Electric Vehicles has started becoming faster. However, for many EV users, specifically, those who reside in high-rise apartments and communities, it's a challenge to easily access a charging station. To cater to the requirements of the growing EV user base, it's crucial to create the right EV infrastructure by converting locations in and around us into charging stations. This not only creates easy access to charging stations, but it also addresses the issue of range anxiety. We are happy to partner with ADDA to build the required EV infrastructure in apartment communities and fast track EV adoption"

San Banerjee, Co-Founder, ADDA said "Over the last few years, strong tailwinds have been driving the expansion of green mobility in India. Gated communities and housing societies have already taken note of this trend and are working towards implementing the required infrastructure for EV users. We are happy to partner with Charzer to set up community charging stations to offer residents reliable and safe charging infrastructure within the premises"

Author : Debi Dash
arrow_back BPCL, SECI inks MoU to set up 10GW of RE capacity ...
arrow_forward COP26: Towards zero-emission & sustainable energy ...